Applications are currently being received for admission to the Central European University programs for the 2024-2025 academic year. Admitted students at the university have a chance to win one of the Central European University Scholarships. The university provides numbers of fully funded and partially funded to national and international students enrolling in undergraduate, master and PhD degree programs.
Granted on the basis of both academic merit and financial need, CEU scholarships and tuition awards are available for most programs. Candidates should check their future program’s website before starting their application. Remember to apply by the financial aid application deadline and fill out the Funding section of the Online Application Form in order to be considered for financial aid. Doctoral level applicants who apply before the deadline will automatically be considered for the CEU Doctoral Scholarship.
Founded in 1991, the Central European University (CEU) is a private research university accredited in Austria, Hungary, and the United States, with campuses in Vienna and Budapest. The university comprises 13 academic departments and 17 research centers, in addition to the School of Public Policy and the Doctoral School of Political Science, Public Policy, and International Relations. The university is known for its strength in the social sciences and humanities, low student-faculty ratio, and international student body.
- Host institution: Central European University (CEU) in Austria.
- Eligible program: Available programs at the university.
- Number of scholarships: Not specified.
- Duration: Varies.
- Target group: open to citizens of all nationalities.
Also Check : Dell Scholarship Program to Study in the USA
Central European University Scholarships Benefits
These university scholarships benefits varies per scholarship type. Please find below the different kinds of scholarships that are awarded to students admitted to Central European University’s programs.
- CEU Undergraduate Partial Tuition Award: up to 50% of the tuition fee waiver
- CEU Undergraduate Presidential Scholar Award: total value of €5,000 each
- CEU Master’s Excellence Scholarship: up to 100% tuition waiver, 1,000 EUR/month, Health Insurance
- CEU Master’s Distinction Scholarship: up to 100% tuition waiver, 750 EUR/month, Health Insurance
- CEU Master’s Scholarship: up to 100% tuition waiver, 500 EUR/month, Health Insurance
- CEU Master’s Partial Scholarship: up to 100% tuition waiver, 300 EUR/month, Health Insurance
- CEU Doctoral Scholarship: Full tuition waiver, 1,680 EUR/gross/month
- CEU Alumni Scholarship: The scholarship is paid in monthly installments of €300 during the first year of studies. This scholarship can be used to supplement other financial aid provided by CEU.
- External financial support and scholarship opportunities: Provides benefits that vary per scholarship (Please click here for more details).
Central European University Scholarships Eligibility
Candidates from all countries of the world are welcome to apply. Furthermore, applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Bachelor degree applicants must have a high school diploma.
- Master’s degree program applicants must have a bachelor’s degree.
- Doctoral degree program applicants must have a master’s degree.
- Meet their program’s language requirements.
In addition to these general criteria, applicants should meet the specific program’s criteria. Please click here for more details on programs and requirements.
- ENS International Selection Scholarship for All;
- Emile-Boutmy Scholarship at Sciences Po for international students.
- UK Government Chevening Scholarships for Foreign Students.
How to apply for the Central European University Scholarships
Interested candidates who wish to apply for this scholarship to study in Europe, must contact the Central European University to get detailed information about programs and available financial aids and follow received instructions to submit their applications.
- February 1, 2024 (23:59, Central European Time): Deadline for applicants to undergraduate, master’s programs and doctoral programs, who wish to be considered for financial aid. All applications must be complete with any applicable standard test scores (TOEFL, IELTS, GRE, etc.) by this date.
- March 15, 2024 (23:59, Central European Time): Final application deadline for self-financing Master’s applicants who are citizens of countries outside the EU/EEA area and require a study visa.
- August 15, 2024 (23:59, Central European Time): Final application deadline for self-financing master’s applicants with citizenship or permanent residency in an EU/EEA country.
For those who wish to be considered for a scholarship, the deadline to apply is February 1, 2024. Please visit the official website for more details on the Central European University Scholarships. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.