Applications are now open for the Chinese Government Scholarship at HUST 2024-2025. CSC scholarships aim to support Chinese universities to enroll outstanding international students for postgraduate studies and research in China.
This Chinese Government Scholarship – Chinese University Program is fully funded and open for foreign students to study at master and Ph.D. degree programs that are offered by the Huazhong University of Science and Technology. Scholarship students can register for either a Chinese-taught program or English-taught program if applicable, with good Chinese or English language proficiency.
Funded in 1952, Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST; 华中科技大学 – Huázhōng Kējì Dàxué) is a public research university located in Wuhan, China. The university host the Wuhan National Laboratories for Optoelectronics, which is one of the five national laboratories in China. HUST is among China’s top ten Research Institutions and is one of two Chinese universities which have been awarded the University Leadership Award.
- Host Institutions: Huazhong University of Science and Technology (HUST) in China.
- Fields of studies: Eligible fields available on the official page.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Normal duration of Master and PhD program.
- Target group: Open to non-Chinese citizens.
Chinese Government Scholarship at HUST Benefits
The Chinese Government Scholarship – Chinese University Program at the Huazhong University of Science and Technology is fully funded and provides successful applicants with the following benefits:
- tuition waiver;
- monthly stipend;
- medical insurance.
Chinese Government Scholarship at HUST Eligibility
To apply for this government scholarship, candidates must be a:
- citizen of a country other than P. R. China, and be in good health;
- bachelor’s degree holder under the age of 35 when applying for master’s programs;
- master’s degree holder under the age of 40 when applying for doctoral programs;
- have outstanding academic performance and potential;
- GPA 3.0/4, 3.75/5, 75% or above
- English-medium Programs: have a good command of English
- TOEFL 80 or above;
- GRE General 310 or above;
- IELTS 6.0 or above;
- other certificates of the same proficiency level which are accepted by HUST;
- Or the previous degree was instructed in English.
- Chinese-medium Programs:
- HSK 4 with scores 180 or above for programs of Science and Engineering;
- HSK5 with scores 180 or above for programs of Medicine, Economics, Management, Literature, and Education.
- HSK 5 with scores 200 or above for programsoffered in Tongji Hospital and Union Hospital.
- Or the previous degree was instructed in Chinese.
Note : The above-mentioned requirements are the basic standard for all graduate applicants for HUST, not equal to the admission criteria which is decided by the individual department and might be higher. Current students can submit an enrollment certificate as the qualification certificate. Furthermore, the required degree certificate should be submitted upon registration if officially admitted.
- Chinese Government Scholarship at Wuhan University;
- CSC Scholarship at the China University of Geosciences;
- ANSO Scholarship for International Students in China.
How to Apply to the Chinese Government Scholarship at HUST
Eligible candidates who would like to apply for this scholarship program to study in Asia must follow the instructions provided below.
Step 1: Huazhong University of Science and Technology Online Registration
Create an account, fill in and submit the HUST Online Application.
- Log in to the online application system.
- Choose a program, upload the Academic Documents, complete and submit your application.
- Take the Online Language Proficiency Test in the form of objective questions.
- Finish the payment of the application fee after passing the online Test.
- The application will be reviewed by the International Admission and Cooperation Office. Close attention to the status of your application process and your email account is highly recommended.
- Applications will be evaluated by the school/department concerned. Applicants that pass the evaluation will receive a Nomination Letter for Admission.
- Upload the Non-Academic Documents.
- The university will select scholarship candidates among the applicants, and nominate them to the relevant authority.
- The university will issue the Admission Notice and Visa Application Form to both scholarship winners and self-support students.
Note : A non-refundable application fee of 600 CNY is required by the Huazhong University of Science and Technology. Applicants should pay online after submitting their online application. Application without payment will be regarded as uncompleted.
Step 2: CSC online registration
Create an account at https://studyinchina.csc.edu.cn/ and choose the corresponding program (Type B for university program). The agency No. of Huazhong University of Science and Technology is 10487. Upload the “Nomination Letter for Admission” and other required documents to the online system.
Note : Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English. Hard copies are NOT accepted. Please do NOT post your application to HUST.
Students who will graduate in 2024 may submit an official document issued by their school to prove their current student status or expected graduation date. The final list of scholarship winners will be published and winners will be notified in late July.
The application deadline is January 31, 2024. For more detail on the Chinese Government Scholarship at HUST, please refer to the CSC Scholarship Application Tips and Tricks and visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.