Applications are being received for the CSC Scholarship at the China University of Geosciences. This prestigious scholarship program is a gateway to pursue high-quality education in geosciences and related fields at one of China’s leading universities. The China University of Geosciences welcomes talented individuals from around the world to embark on an educational journey that encompasses cutting-edge research and cross-cultural experiences. This CSC scholarship is fully funded and opened for international students willing to study in a Master’s or PhD degree programs at the university.
China University of Geosciences (CUG) is one of the designated Chinese universities to undertake international students under the CSC scholarship program. Currently, there are nearly 30,000 full-time students and approximately 1,000 foreign students continuing their studies in the various programs offered by the university. Founded in 1952, The China University of Geosciences (CUG) is a public university located in Wuhan, Hubei, China. CUG is affiliated with the Ministry of Education, and co-sponsored by the Ministry of Education and the Hubei Provincial People’s Government. The university is part of the Double First Class University Plan and Project 211.
CUG features in a world-class specialization in geosciences, incorporating a wide range of research fields into diverse categories such as Science, Engineering, Literature, Management, Economics, Law, Education and Art etc. CUG’s two national primary key disciplines, Geology and Geological Resources and Geological Engineering, are listed in the “Double First-Class Disciplines”. According to the latest rankings published by U.S. News & World Report, CUG is ranked as: NO. 1 Best Universities for Geosciences in China, NO. 5 Best Global Universities for Geosciences, NO.27 Best National Universities in China and NO.282 Best Global University.
- Host Institution(s): China University of Geosciences (CUG) in China.
- Fields: Eligible fields available on the official page.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Normal duration of master or PhD program.
- Target group: Open to Non-Chinese citizens.
CSC Scholarship at the China University of Geosciences Benefits
The CSC Scholarship at the China University of Geosciences is fully funded and provides successful applicants with the followings:
- Tuition waiver;
- On-campus accommodation;
- Living allowance in China;
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
Master and PhD Programs at the China University of Geosciences
Below is the list of eligible masters and PhD degree programs at the China University of Geosciences.
Doctor’s degree programs at the China University of Geosciences
- Applied Economy
- Civil Engineering
- Control Science and Engineering
- Deposit Geology (Metallogeny
- Environmental Science and Engineering
- Geo detection and Information Technology
- Geological Engineering
- Geological Equipment Engineering
- Geosciences Information Engineering
- Hydraulic Engineering
- Hydro climatology
- Management Science and Engineering
- Marine Science
- Material Science and Engineering
- Military Geology
- Mineral Resource Prospecting and Exploration
- Mineralogy, Petrology and Ore Deposit Geology
- Mineralogy, Petrology, Mineral
- Modern Mathematics and Control Theory
- Petroleum and Natural Gas Engineering
- Planetary Geology and Comparative Planetology
- Public Management
- Resources and Environmental Chemistry
- Resources Industrial Economy
- Security Science and Engineering
- Surveying Science and Technology.
English Taught Master Degree Programs:
- Business Administration
- Computer Science and Technology
- Geological Resources and Geological Engineering
- Groundwater Science & Engineering
- Surveying Science and Technology
- Materials Science and Engineering
- Marine Sciences
- Environmental Science and Engineering
- Oil and Natural Gas Engineering
- Public Administration
All of the PhD programs at CUG can be conducted in English. The list of master’s programs above are only English-taught programs. There are also Chinese taught master’s programs. Please visit the official page to see the full list of available programs.
CSC Scholarship at the China University of Geosciences Eligibility
To apply for this government scholarship, candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens.
- Applicants should be in good health.
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for Chinese-taught programs must have passed HSK4. Applicants without HSK4 are not eligible to apply for Chinese-taught programs.
- Applicants who applied for English-taught programs should provide valid TOEFL (80 or above) or IELTS (6.0 or above) certificates. Applicants who are unable to provide proof of standardized English language testing are required to provide proof of English language instruction for their previous degree studies. Applicants whose mother language is English are exempt from providing proof of English language proficiency as described above.
- Mohamed Bin Zayed University Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence;
- King Abdulaziz University Scholarship;
- Korean Government Scholarship for Undergraduate Students.
How to Apply for the CSC Scholarship at the China University of Geosciences
Candidates who wish to apply for the CUG Chinese Government Scholarship should follow the instructions below:
I. Visit the CSC Online Application System to create an account and log in.
II. Choose program Type: B and use 10491 for Agency No while filling the form. For more detail on these two elements, please check out the CSC Scholarship Application Tips and Tricks and the Chinese Universities Agency Number and List in Each Province.
III. Fill out the application form, and upload all required documents to the CSC online system. No hard copies are required by the China University of Geosciences.
- Application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (in Chinese or English);
- Copy of Passport Home Page. If your passport expires before September 2024, please apply for a new passport before submitting the application;
- Notarized highest diploma;
- Academic transcripts (from the undergraduate program onwards). Copies of academic records from first to last semester during the undergraduate, graduate (if any), and doctoral programs (if any) shall be provided. These transcripts shall be issued and sealed by the attending university.
- Language qualification certificates (HSK, IELTS or TOFEL reports).
- A study plan proposal. A study plan written in Chinese or English shall contain more than 1,000 words. The proposal should be mainly focus on the description of academic Background, research field and the future study/research plan; a brief introduction of the reason you choose to study in China and CUG, the understanding of China and CUG could also be included in the proposal. The proposal of a doctoral student shall be signed by the applicant’s Chinese supervisor from CUG;
- Recommendation letters. Two letters of recommendation from professors or associate professors shall be submitted. These letters shall describe the applicant’s objectives of learning in China, comprehensive abilities, and evaluation of future growth, as well as the cooperation between the supervisors or the exchange between universities both in China and abroad;
- A photocopy of the Foreigner Physical Examination Form.
- Non-criminal record report, issued within 6 months prior to the submission date of the application.
- Fresh graduates currently in China should submit the photocopy of the residence permit page and a proof of school performance from the current school;
- Applicants under the age of 18 should submit the valid documents of their legal guardians in China;
- Other additional documents (e.g. Supervisor’s Recommendation Form for Excellent International Students, award certificates, papers, publications).
Note : There is no application fee to apply for the scholarship program. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English. Uploaded supporting documents must be clear, authentic and valid.
The deadline to submit applications for this government scholarship program is December 1, 2023. For more detail on the CSC Scholarship at the China University of Geosciences, please refer to the CSC Scholarship Application Tips and Tricks and visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.