Applicants are invited to apply for the DAAD University Summer Courses in Germany. The Scholarship program aims to help students and graduates improve their knowledge of German (general language, special language) and their cultural knowledge of the country.
Germany is a fantastic place to study as German universities degrees are internationally renowned and highly respected worldwide. Germany is one of the top five popular destinations for international students in the world. Furthermore, Germany is known to be a safe country.
- Host Institutions: Eligible course providers and programmes on the DAAD website.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: The courses run for at least 18 teaching days (max. 5 days/week, excluding days of arrival and departure) with a minimum of 25 hours of teaching a week (usually from June to November).
- Target group: Open to citizens of developing countries
DAAD University Summer Courses Benefits
Selected candidates for this Europe scholarship will be provided with the following benefits:
- One-off scholarship payment of 1,134 euros. Scholarship holders from the “Least Developed Countries” receive a scholarship in the amount of 1,309 euros.
- Payment of a country-specific travel allowance (exception: Western Europe).
- Health, accident and personal liability insurance benefits.
DAAD University Summer Courses Eligibility
Application for the DAAD University Summer Courses in Germany is open for candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Applicants must be students in Bachelor’s and Master’s degree programmes in any subject area.
- Bachelor students must have completed at least two academic years at the start of the scholarship period.
- The grant holder must be at least 18 years old when he/she starts the funded stay.
- Applicants must be enrolled at a university in one of the programme-related countries (except Germany) both at the time of application and during the entire scholarship period.
- There must be two full years between two grants for a university winter or university summer course. An application is possible at the earliest when the last sponsorship took place in 2021.
- Applicants are also eligible to apply if the second year of higher education has not yet been completed at the beginning of the scholarship
- Applicants must be able to follow lectures in German and participate in group work.
- Proof of German language skills must be provided with the application.
- The language certificate for the required minimum language should be no more than one year old. Language certificates from B2 or TDN4 in all examined sections may be older than one year.
- The following language certificates can be accepted: onSET-Deutsch, TestDaF, Goethe Institut-Nachweis, DSD, DSH, telc Deutsch, ÖSD-Zertifikat.
- In principle, applicants must provide proof of a minimum language level of A2.
- Mohamed Bin Zayed University Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence;
- Turkish Government Research Scholarship;
- Université de Montréal International Student Scholarship.
Interested applicants who would like to apply for this government scholarship program are required to click on the apply button and follow instructions.
- Online application form;
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (in German);
- Letter of motivation (in German);
- Copy of school-leaving certificate (for Bachelor’s students) or Bachelor degree certificate with final grade(s) (for Master students), if available (with German or English translation);
- Proof of credits of the last two years (in German or in English);
- Language certificates (with German or English translation, if applicable);
- Other documents you think might be of relevance to your application with German or English translation, if applicable (e.g., certificates of employment, proof of placements).
The last day to submit applications is December 1, 2023. For more detail on the DAAD University Summer Courses in Germany, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.