Applications are open for the Dell Scholarship program to study in the United States of America. The Dell Scholars program is a scholarship and college completion program that nurtures and empowers students on their path to a college degree. Since starting the program in 2004, the Michael & Susan Dell Foundation has supported over 5,000 scholars, including college graduates.
This scholarship program is designed to be flexible so that scholars can use award money for the many costs that arise during their college career. In addition to funding tuition, fees, and the full cost of attendance for undergraduate study, scholarship awards may be used towards graduate school, loan repayment, study abroad, and internship stipends.
While many students dream of obtaining a college degree, life sometimes gets in the way. The Dell Scholars program offers comprehensive, individualized support to help students overcome academic challenges, increase financial literacy, and navigate the personal circumstances that impact their college experience. The program provides support for emotional, financial, and life challenges; access to mental health, legal, and financial services; textbooks, tutoring, and technology resources; webinars and educational resources.
- Host Institution: Accredited higher education institutions in the United States of America.
- Study field: Available programs at host university.
- Duration: Varies.
- Number of Awards: About 500.
- Target group: Candidate of all nationalities studying in the United States of America.
Also Check : Top 12 Government Scholarships Currently Open
Dell Scholarship program Benefits
Selected candidates for this foundation scholarship will have the following benefits :
- A flexible $20,000 Scholarship that scholars can use for the many costs that arise during their college career
- Personalized support resources that help reduce the academic, financial, and emotional life challenges that may prevent students from completing college
- A Laptop Computer including a 4-year warranty
- Chegg credits ($500 annually for 4 years) to be used for textbook purchases and rentals and/or textbook solutions
- Access to the Scholars Resources Network which connects Scholars and their families to resources that helps them deal with stress, debt, and other life circumstances
- Access to a teletherapy service that connects students to professional counseling.
Dell Scholarship program Eligibility
The Dell Scholars program is open to candidates who meet the following criteria:
- Participate in a program-approved college readiness program in grades 11 and 12. Please click here to view list of approved CRPs
- Be on track to graduate from an accredited high school in the current academic year
- Demonstrate a need for financial assistance
- Be eligible to receive a Federal Pell Grant in the first year of college
- Plan to enroll full time at an accredited higher education institution in the pursuit of a Bachelor’s degree in the fall directly following high school graduation
- Earn a minimum of a 2.4 GPA (grade point average).
Furthermore, this program targets low-income, highly motivated students who are better than their numbers indicate and demonstrate the drive to succeed despite personal obstacles. The ideal candidate will demonstrate a unique “GPA” of grit, potential, and ambition in their quest for a college education:
- GRIT: by taking action to address or overcome personal challenges in their lives related to their families, schools, or communities
- POTENTIAL: by participating in college readiness programs and seeking out academic rigor
- AMBITION: by preparing themselves and planning for their dream of graduating with a college degree.
- UK Government Chevening Scholarships for Foreign Students;
- University of Lausanne Master’s Scholarship for Foreign Students;
- Doha Institute For Graduate Studies Scholarship.
How to Apply for the Dell Scholarship program
Eligible applicants who would like to apply for this North America opportunity should click on the apply button below to create an account and follow the instructions to submit their applications. Please click here to view a sample application.
The deadline to submit applications is December 1, 2023. Please visit the official page for more details on the Dell Scholarship program. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.