Candidates are invited to apply for the 2024-2025 fully funded French Government MOPGA Scholarship. The Make Our Planet Great Again (MOPGA) program, which was launched in 2018, has received widespread support, with a huge number of highly qualified students and academics expressing interest. The MOPGA program support international students to conduct research in France.
France, as a prominent participant in the battle against climate change and a guarantee of the Paris Agreement’s spirit, is creating a new MOPGA visiting fellowship program to improve scientific contributions to climate change concerns presented by the COPs. Furthermore, the program aims to encourage foreigners to conduct research in topic related to Earth systems Climate change and sustainability Energy transition Societal challenges of environmental issues, etc., at French institutions of higher education.
This year Make Our Planet Great Again (MOPGA) call for proposals aims to attract 40 young researchers who want to conduct research in France. The initiative is supported by the French Ministry of Europe and Foreign Affairs and conducted by Campus France in conjunction with the French Ministry of Higher Education and Research.
- Host institutions: Institutions in France.
- Research Field: Earth systems, Climate change and sustainability, Energy transition, Societal challenges of environmental issues.
- Number of Awards: Minimum 40 .
- Duration: not specified.
- Eligible countries: Open to citizens of all countries in the world except those holding french nationalities.
French Government MOPGA Scholarship Benefits
This French Government scholarship program is fully funded and provides the following benefits:
- Monthly allowance of 2,500 euros
- Moving allowance of 500 euros
- Health Insurance plan covering civil liability and repatriation assistance until the MOPGA Fellow’s registration to the French Social Security Scheme
- Complementary Health Insurance plan covering civil liability and repatriation assistance once the Social Security registration process is effective.
Note : A Hosting Agreement (convention de séjour de recherche) must be arranged between the MOPGA Fellow and the host institution. This Agreement will outline the methods and resources made available by the host laboratory for the researcher to carry out the research project.
2024 MOPGA Scholarships Research Topics
Please find below the 2024 MOPGA Scholarships research Topics and required Description.
Five broad research themes are eligible:
- Earth systems
- Climate change and sustainability
- Energy transition
- Societal challenges of environmental issues
- Human, animal, and ecosystem health as part of a “One Health” approach.
Description of the Research Project (in English or French)
- Research Project Title
- Keywords (6)
- Abstract of the Research Project (2,000 char. max.)
- Context and Motivation (2,000 char. max.)
- Scientific Objectives (2,000 char. max.)
- Methodology and Timeline (4,500 char. max.)
- Project position in relation with to the MOPGA scientific domain (2,000 char. max.)
- Collaborations and/or impacts for the candidate’s country of residence in relation to the research project proposal (2,000 characters max.)
French Government MOPGA Scholarship Eligibility
To apply for the Make Our Planet Great Again Scholarship, applicants must have the following profile:
- Applicants who do NOT hold French citizenship
- Foreign researchers holding a doctoral degree for less than 5 years (must have passed their thesis defense between January 2019 and January 2024)
- Foreign researchers who have not resided in France between October 9th 2023 and January 9th 2024 (more than 90 days)
The selection procedure for this Postdoctoral research program will be divided into two sections in accordance with the call for applicants’ aims and requirements. The applications will be evaluated and scored by scientific experts in each relevant topic during the first round. The 40 final fellows for the MOPGA 2024 program will be chosen by an international committee in the second round.
- Government of Hungary Stipendium Hungaricum Scholarship;
- Chinese Government Scholarship;
- Sophie Germain Master Scholarship in France.
How to Apply for the French Government MOPGA Scholarship
Eligible candidates who would like to apply for this Europe scholarship, must click on the “Apply” button below to create an account and follow the instructions to submit their applications.
- CV including the list of your publications in English (4 pages max)
- PhD Diploma (or certificate of PhD diploma)
- CV of your research supervisor in the French host institution (2 pages max)
- Letter of support from the French host institution
- Letters of recommendation (3 max)
- Passport or proof of ID.
The deadline to apply is January 9, 2024. For more detail on the 2024-2025 French Government MOPGA Scholarship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.