The Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for International Students is open for application. The scholarship is available for foreign students willing to study in Germany. Friedrich Ebert Foundation offers scholarships for candidates willing to undertake studies at Bachelor’s, Master’s and PhD degree levels in Germany.
Students in any subject area are eligible to apply, if they demonstrate excellent school or academic merit, wish to study in Germany, are committed to the values of social democracy, and live by them. Scholarships are awarded to highly-performing students and include a comprehensive seminar program to help enhance the candidates’ social competencies and academic skills. Individual support by an on-site liaison lecturer is another benefit of the sponsorship.
This scholarship is fully funded by the Friedrich Ebert Foundation and awarded to highly-performing students and include a comprehensive seminar program to help enhance the candidates’ social competences and academic skills.
- Host institution: State or state-recognized higher-education institution in Germany.
- Fields of study: Available fields at German higher-education institutions.
- Number of awards: up to 40 scholarships per year.
- Duration: Applicant’s program duration.
- Target group: Open to citizens of Africa, Asia, Latin America and Eastern Europe.
Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship Benefits
The Scholarship program will provide successful applicants with the followings:
- International students receive a monthly base amount of EUR 830 in a Bachelor’s, Diploma, Magister or state examination program or;
- EUR 850 in a Master’s course;
- In addition, costs for health insurance are funded and;
- scholars with a child receive a family allowance of EUR 276. The scholarship does not have to be repaid.
Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship Eligibility
Applicants for the Friedrich Ebert Scholarship must meet the following requirements:
- outstanding school or academic merit (where required: first graded proofs of academic achievement)
- social and political involvement and commitment to the values of social democracy
- responsible, motivated, reliable individuals willing to get involved with the Foundation’s network
- sufficient knowledge of German, although the courses are held in English. This means a ‘Deutsche Sprachprüfung für den Hochschulzugang’ of at least DSH level 2, a ‘Test Deutsch als Fremdsprache’ of at least level 4 or a ‘Zertifikat C 1’ by a Goethe Institute.
- Catholic KAAD Scholarship for Christians;
- University of Toronto International Students Scholarship;
- Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarships for Master and PhD.
Interested applicants who would like to apply for this Europe Scholarship must follow steps below:
Simply fill out the online application. We will ask you a few questions about your professional and family background – no further documents are required yet. Please click here to start the online application process.
If you are eligible for a scholarship, you will be requested to provide further documents by e-mail: two expert reports from university lecturers, as well as information about your previous training and your sociopolitical commitment. First-year students (not master’s students) in their first semester submit two reports from former teachers. Upon our request, you have three weeks to upload the documents.
If you are shortlisted, you will be invited to two meetings: with a liaison professor from your department and with a member of our selection committee. Tips for preparing for the interviews can be found here.
The selection committee makes the final decision on admission.
Please click here for more details on the application process. You may use Google Chrome or other tools to translate the content into your language
The program has two deadlines each year: May 31 and November 30. However, PhD applicants can submit their applications anytime. For more details on the Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for International Students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.