Applications for the Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarships for Master’s and PhD are currently being accepted. The Scholarship aims to support German students, UE and non-UE students willing to study a Master’s degree or PhD degree in any field. The scholarship is only available for studies at German universities in Germany.
This Foundation for Freedom advocates the principles of freedom, responsibility, a market economy, the rule of law, tolerance, and human rights. The foundation’s role is to offer political education as a contribution to upholding a free and democratic society.
The foundation presently support many university students and doctoral candidates from Germany and abroad to study in their desired fields of interest at German universities.
- Host institution: Universities in Germany.
- Fields of Study: Any field of study.
- Number of Awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Up to three years.
- Eligible countries: Open to all Nationalities.
Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarships Benefits
Selected candidates for this foundation scholarship to study in Germany will be provided with the following benefits:
For international applicants (non-EU)
- the scholarship for student funding is a maximum of 861 euros;
- scholarship for the doctorate is up to 1200 euros;
- health insurance allowance.
As a foreigner, can I pursue a job in addition to funding? : In the case of foreign doctoral students or students, gross income of over 450 euros is offset against the scholarship.
Financial benefits in German funding
- Based on BaföG, the maximum basic funding is 744 euros.
- For German doctoral funding, the scholarship is up to 1.350 euros per month plus a 100-euro lump sum for research costs.
- Fellows will receive a lump sum for study costs (300 euros per month).
- Health insurance allowance.
Along with the scholarship stays abroad are supported for a maximum of 12 months if they are related to the studies or doctorate. Grants for travel expenses, health insurance, study or research fees, and living expenses can be provided to support study or academic work abroad. Each application is evaluated on a case-by-case basis. The amount of study-abroad funding depends on the available financial resources.
Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarships Eligibility
Candidates willing to apply for the Friedrich Scholarships should be:
- Good to very good performance in their specialty areas as well as multidisciplinary interests;
- Able to show dedication, motivation, decisiveness, readiness to take on responsibility, and getting involved in promoting a free society;
- Involvement in a student council, university committee, liberal political party, youth organization, ecclesiastic or social institution, human rights organization, cultural activities, environment protection, sports, within your family, or in a neighborhood help group;
- Have a B2-level German language skills;
- Germans and foreign students (EU) can apply for a scholarship for their first semester;
- Foreign students (none EU) can apply for a scholarship for their Master’s as well as PhD.
- Mohamed Bin Zayed University Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at BIT for International Students;
- Emile-Boutmy Scholarship at Sciences Po for international students.
How to Apply for the Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarship?
Interested applicants who would like to apply for this scholarship to study in Europe must click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit applications.
The application has to be submitted in German.
Note : Application documents must be submitted in German. The selection interview will also take place in German, even if you are applying for the funding of an English-language course or an English-language doctoral programme. Knowledge of German on the minimum level of B2 is essential for participating in the program. However, you do not have to show a language test to apply.
Applications can only be made via the online application portal from 1 – 30 April and from 1 – 31 October. The deadline to submit applications for the first cycle is April 30, 2024 and October 31, 2024 for the second cycle. For more details on the Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarships for Master and PhD, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.