Provided by the Ministry of Education, Youth, and Sports, and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the 2024-2025 Government of the Czech Republic Scholarships are now open for application. The program is fully funded and available for citizens of developing countries to study at the Czech Republic higher education institutions. More than 20 thousand foreign students have already benefited from the program.
Candidates who chose to study in the Czech language will need to attend a one-year language class. Those who choose to study in English will start their programs after their arrival. A scholarship from the Government of the Czech Republic for studies in the English language may only be granted if the applicant has a good command of English. An applicant for a scholarship from the Government of the Czech Republic is obliged to sit an online entrance English language test in the course of his/her application submission. The scholarship is available for master degree and PhD degree studies.
The scholarships are dedicated solely to promoting the studies of foreign nationals from developing third countries. Neither a citizen of the Czech Republic, a citizen of the European Union, nor any other foreign national with a permanent residence permit in the territory of the Czech Republic may therefore apply for a scholarship.
- Host institutions: Higher educational institutions in the Czech Republic.
- Fields of study: Eligible programs at host institutions.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: up to 3 years for Master’s degree programs and up to 4 years for doctoral programs.
- Eligible countries: Open to citizens of the following countries: Belarus, Bosnia and Herzegovina, Ethiopia, Georgia, Cambodia, Moldova, and Zambia.
Government of the Czech Republic Scholarships Benefits
The program provides a scholarship that is enough to cover the necessary costs (accommodation, food and public transport, etc.) related to staying and studying in the Czech Republic. The amount is updated on a regular basis. The current amounts are as shown below:
- Master’s degree studies: CZK 16,000 per month,
- Doctoral degree studies: CZK 17,000 per month;
- Standard health insurance;
- Travel expenses for traveling to the Czech Republic and back to the student’s home country are paid by the party that nominated the student to study in the Czech Republic or by the foreign national at his/her own cost.
Note : Costs of accommodation, food and public transport are covered by scholarship holders from the scholarship under the same conditions that apply to students who are citizens of the Czech Republic.
Public Higher Educational Institutions
The following is the list of Public Higher Educational Institutions in the Czech Republic.
- Akademie múzických umění v Praze (Academy of Performing Arts in Prague)
- Akademie výtvarných umění v Praze (Academy of Fine Arts in Prague)
- Česká zemědělská univerzita v Praze (Czech University of Life Sciences, Prague)
- České vysoké učení technické v Praze (Czech Technical University in Prague)
- Janáčkova akademie múzických umění v Brně (Janáček Academy of Music and Performing Arts in Brno)
- Jihočeská univerzita v Českých Budějovicích (University of South Bohemia in České Budějovice)
- Masarykova univerzita v Brně (Masaryk University in Brno)
- Mendelova zemědělská a lesnická universita v Brně (Mendel University of Agriculture and Forestry, Brno)
- Ostravská univerzita (University of Ostrava)
- Slezská univerzita v Opavě (Silesian University in Opava)
- Technická univerzita v Liberci (Technical University in Liberec)
- Univerzita Hradec Králové (University of Hradec Králové)
- Univerzita Jana Evangelisty Purkyně v Ústí nad Labem(University of J. E. Purkyně in Ústí nad Labem)
- Univerzita Karlova (Charles University)
- Univerzita Palackého v Olomouci (Palacký University, Olomouc)
- Univerzita Pardubice (University of Pardubice)
- Univerzita Tomáše Bati ve Zlíně (Tomas Bata University in Zlín)
- Veterinární a farmaceutická univerzita Brno (University of Veterinary and Pharmaceutical Sciences, Brno)
- Vysoká škola báňská – Technická univerzita Ostrava (VŠB – Technical University of Ostrava)
- Vysoká škola ekonomická v Praze (Prague University of Economics and Business)
- Vysoká škola chemicko-technologická v Praze (Institute of Chemical Technology, Prague)
- Vysoká škola polytechnická Jihlava (College of Polytechnics, Jihlava)
- Vysoká škola technická a ekonomická v Českých Budějovicích (Institute of Technology and Business in České Budějovice)
- Vysoká škola umělecko-průmyslová v Praze (Academy of Arts, Architecture and Design in Prague)
- Vysoké učení technické v Brně (Brno University of Technology)
- Západočeská univerzita v Plzni (University of West Bohemia in Pilsen).
Government of the Czech Republic Scholarships Eligibility
This scholarship to study in the Czech Republic is dedicated solely to promoting the studies of foreign nationals from developing third countries. Therefore, applicants must
- be a foreigner and hold citizenship of one of the eligible countries listed above;
- not be a permanent resident of the Czech Republic;
- have a Bachelor’s degree to apply for a master degree program;
- has a master’s degree to apply for doctoral programs.
- Special Scholarship Program at Kochi University of Technology;
- Vanier Canada Graduate Scholarships (Vanier CGS);
- Humber International Student Scholarships.
How to Apply for the Czech Republic Scholarships
Eligible applicants who would like to apply for this government scholarship should click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their applications.
By filling in the application form, the applicant is successfully registered. The application is considered complete only after taking the general knowledge test and the English language test, if relevant. If the applicant’s application is accepted to proceed to the next round of the selection procedure, the Embassy shall ask the selected applicants to attend an interview.
The most successful candidates will be invited to submit complete documentation within the deadline set by the Embassy.
The last day to apply is September 30, 2023. To know more about the Government of the Czech Republic Scholarships, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.