Applications are now opened for the Intellectual Property and Competition Law Scholarship. MIPLC is a part of the DAAD’s scholarship program for “Development-Related Postgraduate Courses”. MIPLC’s LL.M. program “Intellectual Property and Competition Law” is a highly specialized, international, and interdisciplinary program taught in English and designed for postgraduates from a variety of educational, professional, and national backgrounds.
This DAAD scholarship is only offered for a Master of Laws in Intellectual Property and Competition Law. The program combines one year of full-time, rigorous, intensive study with practical experience and relevant extracurricular activities to enable graduates to deal with intellectual property issues in a global context at the most sophisticated level.
The curriculum covers all areas of European, U.S., and international intellectual property and competition law. In addition, it includes courses in related fields such as economics and business administration. The program is structured to cover both common law and civil law traditions, thus giving graduates a comprehensive understanding of both legal systems and enabling them to operate successfully in any professional context.
Munich Intellectual Property Law Center (MIPLC) is located in Munich and jointly run by the Max Planck Institute for Innovation and Competition, the University of Augsburg, the Technical University of Munich, and The George Washington University Law School, Washington, D.C. Munich, also known as Europe’s “Intellectual Property Capital”, is home to the European Patent Office, the German Patent and Trademark Office, and the German Federal Patent Court.
- Host Institutions: Munich Intellectual Property Law Center in Germany.
- Field of study: Master of Laws in Intellectual Property and Competition Law.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: normal duration of the program.
- Eligible countries: Opened to candidates from developing or newly industrialized country (Please click here to download the full list of eligible countries).
Intellectual Property and Competition Law Scholarship Benefits
This university scholarship program will provide successful applicants with a:
- full MIPLC fee waiver
- monthly stipend of EUR 934
- payments towards health, accident and liability insurance coverage in Germany
- travel allowance, unless these costs are covered by the home country or by another funding source
- study and research allowance
- mandatory two-month German course before the start of the MIPLC LL.M. program (August and September, in Munich or another German city).
Intellectual Property and Competition Law Scholarship Eligibility
You are eligible for the DAAD scholarship if you meet the following requirements in addition to the MIPLC admission criteria. You:
- are from a developing country (according to the OECD DAC list)
- have not been living outside your home country (or another developing country) for more than the past two years.
- hold at least a four-year Bachelor’s degree (or a three-year Bachelor’s degree plus a further degree), completed with above-average results.
- received your latest degree no more than six years before your application.
- have at least two years of full-time professional experience gained in a public authority or a state or private company in a developing country. To meet this requirement, it is sufficient if you have completed the two years by February of the year in which you intend to start your studies at MIPLC. Scientific university staff and academics are not the core target group of this program and are therefore considered only in exceptional cases.
- Douglas College Scholarships for International Students.
- Singapore University of Technology and Design Scholarships;
- Friedrich Ebert Foundation Scholarship for International Students.
Intellectual Property and Competition Law Scholarship Application instructions
In order to apply for admission, please click on the apply button below to access the online application page. Please make sure to complete all the tasks below as specified on the application page.
- Step 1: Apply for Admission to the MIPLC;
- Step 2: Apply for MIPLC Financial Assistance;
- Step 3: Apply for DAAD scholarship.
As the MIPLC receives many applications, please be advised that the Admissions Committee will strictly only consider complete and timely applications. Incomplete or late applications will be discarded.
The application deadline is October 15, 2023. For more details on the Intellectual Property and Competition Law Scholarship, please visit the university’s website. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.