Applications are now open for the 2024-2025 International Peace Scholarship for Women to study in Canada and the USA. Established in 1949, this fund is a program which provides support for selected women from other countries to pursue a Master’s or PhD degrees in the United States of America and Canada.
This Organisation Scholarship is based upon demonstrated need; however, the award is not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. At the time of application, the applicant must indicate additional financial resources adequate to meet her estimated expenses. Members of P.E.O. (Philanthropic Educational Organization) believe that education is fundamental to world peace and understanding.
Founded on January 21, 1869, by seven students at Iowa Wesleyan College in Mount Pleasant, Iowa, P.E.O. (Philanthropic Educational Organization) is a US-based international women’s organization of about 230,000 members, with a primary focus on providing educational opportunities for female students worldwide.
The organization aims to educate women through scholarships, awards, grants, loans, and stewardship of Cottey College; and motivate women to achieve their highest aspirations. More than 113,000 women have benefited from the organization’s educational support programs. Do not forget to check out the following lists that provide thousands of other scholarships: the Top Scholarships Currently Open for International Studentslist, the Fully Funded Scholarships for International Students list and the Government Scholarships for International Students.
- Host institution: Accredited universities in Canada and the United States of America.
- Fields of study: Available graduate programs at the applicant’s host institution.
- Number of scholarships: Not specified.
- Duration: Up to two years of study.
- Target Group: open to citizens of all nationalities (except citizens and permanent residents of Canada and the USA).
International Peace Scholarship for Women Benefits
The maximum amount awarded to a student is $12,500. Lesser amounts may be awarded according to individual needs. Scholarships are given as GRANTS-IN-AID and are not intended to cover all academic or personal expenses. A recipient in graduate school is eligible to apply for one renewal of her scholarship. She may receive scholarship assistance for no more than two years. Combined total IPS support will not exceed $25,000.
At the time of application, the applicant must submit a budget of estimated expenses and all anticipated additional financial resources. “Additional financial resources” may include personal and family funds, tuition waivers, work scholarships, teaching assistantships, study grants, other scholarships, and loans. Additional financial resources do not need to be confirmed at the time the budget is submitted.
International Peace Scholarship for Women Eligibility
To be considered for this scholarship to Study in Canada and the United States of America, you must:
- be qualified for admission to full-time graduate study and working toward a graduate degree in an accredited college or university in the United States or Canada
- be able to submit with the application, a copy of the confirmation of admission. This notice must specify the graduate degree program. No consideration will be given to applicants lacking evidence of admission
- be a student who is not a citizen or permanent resident of the United States or Canada. A student with residency for tax purposes only is permitted
- have a full year of coursework remaining, be enrolled and in residence for the entire school year
- Scholarships are not given for online courses, research, internships or for practical training if not combined with coursework
- International students attending Cottey College are eligible to apply for a scholarship.
- Doctoral students who have completed coursework and are working only on dissertations are not eligible as first-time applicants.
Note: An applicant will be required to complete and sign a document promising to return to her home country or to a location outside the U.S. or Canada within sixty (60) days, depending on her visa status, upon completion of her degree program(s) or Optional Practical Training (OPT). The eligible applications will be evaluated on a nondiscriminatory basis without consideration of age, race, national origin, religious affiliation or disability.
- Lester B. Pearson scholarship for international students to study in Canada;
- Mohamed Bin Zayed University Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence;
- UK Government Chevening Scholarships for Foreign Students.
How to Apply for the International Peace Scholarship for Women
Interested candidates in this scholarship program to study in the United States of America and Canada must click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit their applications.
Candidates must submit their applications by December 15, 2023. Please visit the official page for further information on the International Peace Scholarship for Women in Canada and USA. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.