The KAUST Scholarship has been created to recruit highly qualified candidates both national and international to study at the graduate level at the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST). The King Abdullah University of Science and Technology scholarship is intended for Masters and Ph.D. Students and awarded on a merit basis. The University currently hosts students from over 60 countries and has received applications from students attending more than 220 universities around the world.
Applicants do not need a faculty advisor before applying. Upon submission, MS/PhD and PhD applications will be reviewed by KAUST Admissions staff. Well-qualified candidates will be forwarded to their faculties, which may contact them to discuss their suitability for the program and research at the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology in Saudi Arabia.
Founded in 2009, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) is a private research university located in Thuwal, Saudi Arabia. KAUST is the first mixed-gender university campus in Saudi Arabia and uses English as the official language of instruction for research and graduate programs. The university ranked 8th among the fastest-rising young universities (aged 50 and under) in n 2019.
- Host Institution(s): King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), Saudi Arabia.
- Field: Available fields at the university.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: duration of student’s program.
- Eligible countries: Open to all nationalities.
KAUST Scholarship Benefits
Each graduate student at KAUST receives the fully sponsored scholarship. Hence, the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology provides the following benefits to all admitted students, for the duration of their graduate studies:
- Full tuition support
- Monthly living allowance (ranging from $20,000 to $30,000 annually, depending on qualifications and progression through degree programs)
- On-Campus Housing
- Medical and dental coverage
- Relocation support.
KAUST Scholarship Eligibility
To be eligible for this university scholarship, applicants must satisfy the following criteria:
- Applicants should have a Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in one of the fields of study related to the university’s academic curriculum.
- Applicants must meet all the entry requirements for Masters or PhD degree program.
- Scholarships are available for students from any country.
- Scholarships are available for students commencing their studies in Spring and Fall 2024.
- There is no minimum GPA requirement, but the average GPA of admitted students is 3.7 out of 4.0. The 3.7 average means some admitted students had a higher GPA and some admitted students had averages slightly lower than 3.7. The review committee bases their decision on your application as a whole.
- Applicants must meet the minimum English requirement (more details in the application section below).
- Ashinaga Africa Initiative to Support Orphaned Students;
- Mohamed Bin Zayed University Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence;
- Usask Graduate Students Scholarships To Study in Canada.
How to Apply for KAUST Scholarship
To apply for this Asia scholarship program, please click on the apply button below and follow instructions to submit your application for admission to your chosen program. You may use the apply button to submit your application or click here to register your interest. All admitted students in graduate programs (master – PhD) will receive the scholarship. Please prepare and upload the following materials.
- Official university transcripts: Please upload Transcript/ Mark sheets/ Graduation Certificate/ Academic Records from every institution previously attended. A scan of the official transcript in the native language must be uploaded along with the certified English translation. Your transcript must include the university grading scale for all documents submitted.
- Curriculum Vitae (CV): A summary of your work experience, research experience, and any other relevant information. If you have publications, please include their abstracts in your resume.
- Statement of purpose: A 750 words (approximately) concerning your past work, preparation for the intended field of study, relevant background and interests, academic plans, and career objectives. Please describe your reasons for applying to the particular KAUST program for which you are seeking admission.
- Three letters of recommendation: Written by professors or advisors under whom you have pursued research or taken courses in your major field of study. Recommendation letters should be submitted through the application system directly from the recommender.
- English language requirements :
- International English Language Testing System (IELTS): 6.5 with at least 5.5 in all individual sections
- TOEFL iBT (Internet-based Test): 79 overall, with at least 17 in all individual sections, the KAUST Admissions code is 4107
- Pearson Test of English (PTE) Academic: 62 overall, with at least 59 in all individual sections
- Cambridge English: Advanced (CAE): 176 overall, with at least 169 in all individual sections
- An English score is not required if the applicant received a degree from an accredited institution in the United States, CanadaCanada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Australia, or New Zealand
- Official GRE scores: GRE submission is not compulsory but you are welcome to submit your scores if you have taken the exam. Official test results can be sent directly to KAUST Admissions using the GRE Code 4139.
Note : There is no application fee. Those applicants who are unable to produce an English language proficiency test score or the optional GRE score by the deadline may still apply. However, you must submit your scores or upcoming test date including the confirmation/registration code to complete your application and enable it to move forward to the faculty review committee. KAUST Admissions ETS TOEFL code is 4107.
The deadline for PG Diploma, MS, and MS/PhD degree applicants for Fall entry (second round) is January 13, 2024. For more detail on the King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) Scholarship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.