The MasterCard Foundation Scholarship at KNUST is now open for application. Fully funded, this scholarship program has been created by the Mastercard Foundation in partnership with the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology. The program aims to train altogether 2,250 scholars over an aggregated 15-year period to contribute significantly to societal change and the transformation of Africa.
In short, the program wants to raise the next generation of ethical and transformative leaders who would influence positive forward-looking changes in their respective home countries, specifically, and on the African Continent as a whole. Therefore, this program provides access to quality university education to qualified academically talented yet economically disadvantaged young people in deprived communities of Ghana and Africa and empowers them to give back to society.
- Host Institution(s): Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology (KNUST) in Ghana.
- Field: Available programs at the KNUST.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Normal duration of candidate’s program.
- Eligible countries: Open to citizens of African countries.
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship at KNUST Benefits
Selected candidates for this university scholarship will have the following benefits:
- Comprehensive financial support (full tuition, fully paid on-campus accommodation, learning materials, transportation, and monthly stipend).
- Counselling Support Services.
- Career Development Services (including Industrial Mentorship, Career Guidance, Professional Development, and Enterprise Development among others).
- Regular group meetings with other scholars that focus on personal and professional development opportunities and activities tailored to build societal relationships and scholars’ capacity.
- Continued academic support through academic mentoring, virtual learning, and tutoring.
- Opportunities to participate in leadership congresses, community services, and mentoring.
- Uniquely sourced internships with industry for Professional development.
- The prestige of becoming part of the growing family of the Mastercard Foundation Scholars Alumni and networking with the Global Scholars Community.
MasterCard Foundation Scholarship at KNUST Eligibility
To apply for this Africa scholarships, candidates must:
- have a valid WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O Level and A Level or their equivalent results from accredited/recognized institutions. Applicant’s results must not be more than five years old. NO AWAITING RESULTS candidate will be accepted. Furthermore, candidates must meet KNUST’s Admission Requirements.
- demonstrate that he/she has Critical Economic Needs.
- have Proven Records of Leadership and Community Engagement(s).
- be prepared to Go-Back and Give-Back to his or her Community.
- NOT be enrolled in any tertiary institution.
- Priority shall be given to:
- Displaced Persons (Certified Refugees, Internally Displaced Persons, and the like)
- Persons living with Disability.
- Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship to the USA
- Australia Awards Scholarships for Development;
- Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarships for Master and PhD.
How to Apply for the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship at KNUST
Interested applicants who would like to apply for this foundation scholarship must fill out the application form (Please click here to download the form) and send it via courier (EMS/DHL/FedEx) to the following address:
The Program Manager
Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at KNUST
No. 1 Africa Hall Road
AK 315 4897
When submitting your scholarship application form to the Secretariat, submit these additional documents:
- The printout of your application for admission at KNUST (if available)
- Original Certificates for Senior High School results (such as WASSCE or GBCE or ABCE or GCE O’Level and A’Level or their equivalent Results).
Note : Candidates are advised to apply for admission to their chosen undergraduate program. You can be considered for the award only when you have gained admission to study at KNUST.
The application deadline is July 31, 2023. For more information on the MasterCard Foundation Scholarship at KNUST, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.