The Thailand Government Scholarship for International Students is now open for application. Fully funded, the Thailand International Postgraduate Program (TIPP) is available for foreign students willing to pursue a Master’s degree program at participating institutions in Thailand.
Thailand International Postgraduate Program (TIPP) aims to encourage South-South Cooperation by exchanging experiences and best practices that would contribute to long-term and sustainable development for all. Thailand Scholarship will allow successful applicants to study in Thailand in a wide range of areas such as Climate Change, Food Security, Public Health, other topics related to Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs), and “Sufficiency Economy Philosophy” or SEP.
- Host Institution(s): List of universities in Thailand listed below.
- Field: Available fields of studies listed below.
- Number of awards: Many.
- Duration: Normal duration of candidate’s program.
- Eligible countries: List of countries in this pdf document.
Also Check : Radboud Encouragement Scholarship, 2024-2025
Thailand Government Scholarship for International Students Benefits
Selected candidates for this scholarship to study in Asia will have the following benefits:
- Living allowance at the amount of 7,000 Baht per month;
- Accommodation allowance at the amount of 7,000 Baht per month in the regional province or 9,000 Baht per month in Bangkok and Phuket. Awardees need to bring pocket money of approximately USD300 to cover the payment of a rental deposit (usually for 2 months) and advance rental for 1 month as requested by most accommodation owners. TICA will not be responsible for the deposit since awardees will receive back the deposit when their accommodation contract is terminated;
- A settlement allowance at the amount of 6,000 Baht on their first arrival to Thailand;
- Books allowance at the amount of 10,000 Baht per year;
- Thesis allowance as a lump sum amount of 20,000 Baht for compulsory fieldwork or data collection and a lump sum amount of 12,000 Baht for thesis printing or 8,000 Baht for independent study (IS) printing;
- Facilitation will be provided to awardees who require visas. The Visa fee can be reimbursed upon presenting an original receipt of the fee;
- Tuition fee;
- Medical Insurance;
- Economy class air ticket via the most economical route from the candidate’s country to Thailand;
- Domestic travel in Thailand will be provided via the most economical route from the International Airport, to the airport where the university is located.
Available Courses, Universities, and Number of Awards
Thailand Government Scholarship for International Students Eligibility
To apply for this Asia scholarships for International Students, applicants must:
- be nominated by the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation in a country from the TIPP eligible countries/territories list.
- be working in the area related to the course provided.
- have Bachelor’s degree and/or professional experience related field correlated to a graduate degree.
- have a good command of English.
- have a good physical and mental condition.
- Candidates whose English is not their first language and whose Bachelor’s degree was not taught in English have to pass an English Language proficiency test according to criteria announced by university regulations.
- It is recommended that candidates be less than 45 years of age.
- TICA reserves the right to revoke scholarships offered to awardees who violate rules and regulations.
- Other requirements apart from these will be under consideration by the University regulations.
- Fulbright Foreign Student Scholarship to the USA
- Australia Awards Scholarships for Development;
- Friedrich Naumann Foundation Scholarships for Master and PhD.
How to Apply for the Thailand Government Scholarship
To apply for this government scholarship, candidates must fill in the online application form. Please click on the apply button below and follow the given instructions to fill in the online form.
The candidates must be nominated by the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation (such as the Ministry of Foreign Affairs) or by relevant central government agencies for which the nominated candidates currently work. The nomination must be in line with relevant rules and regulations of the nominating countries/territories.
The National Focal Point will forward the nominated candidates’ documents to the Royal Thai Embassy/Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations/Royal Thai Consulate – General accredited to eligible countries/territories. Please prepare one (1) original with two (2) copies of each required document.
- TIPP application form (click here to download the form)
- Medical report (the medical form is at the bottom of the application form downloaded above).
- Transcript of Bachelor’s degree (to show the courses that you have learned throughout your Bachelor’s degree).
- Certificate of Bachelor’s degree.
- Recommendation Letter from at least 2 people (1 person per letter) e.g. university instructor, a supervisor in the candidate’s organization, employer, etc.
- English test score (e.g. TOEFL, IELTS) as required by the academic institution.
- Other documents as required by the academic institution (please see the course detail: subject “Document Required” for more information).
All forms are duly filled out and endorsed by the candidate’s supervisor and the National Focal Point for International Development Cooperation. All of the related documents must be in English.
Documents number 1 – 6 are mandatory. If candidates fail to provide the specified documents, their application will not be accepted for consideration. Each of the eligible countries/territories can nominate up to two (2) candidates per academic program.
The application procedure will complete when TICA has received the hard copy of the application form and other related documents through the Royal Thai Embassy/Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations/Royal Thai Consulate – General accredited to eligible countries/ territories.
Application from should be summited to the Royal Thai Embassy/Permanent Mission of Thailand to the United Nations/Royal Thai Consulate – General accredited to eligible countries/ territories within July 31, 2023, in order to be sent to Thailand International Cooperation Agency before the application’s closing date.
For any question, please contact TICA through: [email protected].
The application deadline is July 31, 2023. For more information on the Thailand Government Scholarship for International Students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.