Applications are currently being received for the Tongarewa Scholarship for International Students at the Victoria University of Wellington. The university has created the program to celebrate its commitment to the international student community. This program is a partial scholarship that will be deducted from your normal tuition fees for one year of study. Applicants can be either entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree program at Victoria University of Wellington.
The scholarship is opened for applicants enrolling in School leaver / 1st year; Masters Research; Postgraduate; Masters by coursework. Scholarships are awarded competitively on the basis of academic excellence. Shortlisted candidates may be requested to provide additional information to support their application. Recipients of the Scholarship are guaranteed an offer of a place in one of the Halls of Residence, provided the Accommodation Service receives an accommodation application by their deadline.
Founded in 1897, The Victoria University of Wellington (Te Herenga Waka) is a public research university in Wellington, New Zealand. Since the university is located in the capital city, it has strong links with industries, regional and local government, government departments and agencies, research institutes, etc. The university is well known for its programs in law, the humanities, and some scientific disciplines, and offers a broad range of other courses. In 2020, Victoria University was ranked 215th in the World’s Top 500 universities by the QS World University Rankings.
- Host institution: Victoria University of Wellington in New Zealand.
- Fields of study: Available School leaver / 1st year; Masters Research; Postgraduate; Masters by coursework programs at the Victoria University of Wellington.
- Number of awards: Varies.
- Duration: 1 years.
- Target group: Open to International students.
Tongarewa Scholarship for International Students Benefits
This New Zealand scholarship is a partial fees scholarship that will be deducted from tuition fees. Scholarships of NZ$10,000 and NZ$5,000 are available for undergraduate and postgraduate recipients. The scholarships will be paid towards tuition fees once you are fully enrolled at the University. Furthermore, selected candidates will receive an offer of a place in one of the Halls of Residence, provided an accommodation application is received by the Accommodation Service by their deadline.
Tongarewa Scholarship for International Students Eligibility
To apply for this university scholarship program, applicants must be:
- international students who are paying full international fees
- entering their first year of an undergraduate degree or entering a postgraduate degree.
You are not eligible for this scholarship if you:
- completed your secondary education at a New Zealand school
- completed the English Proficiency Program or Foundation Studies Program
- are a Study Abroad or Twinning student from one of our overseas partner universities
- are in your second year of study in the same degree program at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Skoltech Scholarship in Russia For Local and International Students;
- Australia Awards Scholarships for Development.
- Turkish Government Research Scholarship.
To apply for this scholarship to study in Oceania, applicants should submit the complete online application by 4.30 pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4.30 pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
Applications will normally open one month prior to the closing date. If no application link is provided below, check back again closer to the deadline. If you have any queries, please contact the university’s scholarship office on [email protected].
The next application deadline is November 30, 2023. For more details on the Tongarewa Scholarship for International Students, please visit the university website. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.