Candidates are invited to apply for the UNESCO Poland Co-Sponsored Engineering Fellowships. The aim of these fellowships to study in Poland is to promote human resource capacities in developing countries and to enhance international understanding and friendship among nations and the people of Poland.
Polish National Commission for UNESCO and the UNESCO Chair for Science, Technology and Engineering Education at the AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow has placed at the disposal of certain Member States some fellowships. Scholarships may be applied for by university graduates who intend to pursue and participate in research and development projects and study (or are studying) at the AGH University of Science and Technology, Krakow. The program aims to support the socio-economic growth of developing countries by raising the level of knowledge and education of their citizens.
The scholarship is awarded for six (6) months duration starting on 2nd October 2023 for the benefit of citizens of the Member States listed below. Payment of funds may be made only to persons residing in the territory of the Republic of Poland and studying at the AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow. The funds cannot be disbursed if the scholarship holders receive other scholarship aid funds from the budget of the Republic of Poland.
- Host institutions: AGH University of Science and Technology in Krakow, Poland.
- Fields of study: Science, Technology and Engineering.
- Number of Places: 51 positions.
- Duration : Six (6) months duration starting on 2nd October 2023.
- Eligible countries: Please check full list below.
UNESCO Poland Co-Sponsored Engineering Fellowships Benefits
This scholarship is a fully funded program that provides selectees the following benefits:
- Free tuition and access to the university facilities based on the local regulations.
- Monthly allowance of 1500 PLN for BSc degree students and 2200 PLN for MSc degree students (1 USD = approximately 4,40 PLN). All living expenses and accommodation in Poland are to be borne by the fellow with this allowance;
- A one-time special allowance of 1500 PLN for BSc degree students or 2200 PLN for master of science to be paid upon arrival in Poland, this sum will cover different activities related to your stay in Krakow, such as an obligatory medical check-up upon arrival; cultural, historical and touristic visits, conferences, workshops, and seminars related to your studies.
- International travel expenses: (by the most direct, economical route) from the beneficiary’s country to and from Poland will be covered by UNESCO under its Regular Programme Budget.
- Health insurance for fellowship beneficiaries who are declared medically fit.
Note : No provision to finance or lodge family members is made. At the end of the research studies, the beneficiaries will receive a certificate attesting to their attendance at the host institution.
Eligible Countries for the UNESCO Poland Engineering Fellowships
Please find below, the list of Member States invited to apply for the UNESCO Poland co-sponsored engineering fellowship program.
AFRICA (32 Countries): Angola, Benin, Botswana, Burkina Faso, Cameroon, Cape Verde, Chad, Côte d’Ivoire, Democratic Republic of the Congo, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gabon, Gambia, Ghana, Kenya, Lesotho, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritius, Mozambique, Namibia, Niger, Nigeria, Rwanda, Senegal, South Africa, Togo, Uganda, Tanzania, Zambia, Zimbabwe.
ARAB STATES (2 Countries) : Iraq, Syria.
ASIA AND THE PACIFIC (22 Countries): Bangladesh, Bhutan, Brunei Darussalam, Cambodia, Fiji, India, Indonesia, Kazakhstan, Kyrgyzstan, Lao People’s Democratic Republic, Malaysia, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Papua New Guinea, Philippines, Sri Lanka, Tajikistan, Thailand, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Vietnam.
UNESCO Poland Co-Sponsored Engineering Fellowships Eligibility
This fellowship is aimed at university graduates, citizens of an invited member country who meet their chosen project requirements. There are 30 proposed projects and each project has its requirements. Please click here to download the document that contains the requirements of all projects.
- WASCAL Master Scholarships for ECOWAS Countries;
- Heinrich Böll Foundation scholarships in Germany;
- Australia Awards Scholarships for Development.
How to Apply for the UNESCO Poland Co-Sponsored Engineering Fellowships
Eligible candidates who wish to apply for this Europe scholarship must send their original applications in duplicate through the National Commission for UNESCO of the candidate’s country and communicated to Mr Fuad Pashayev, Chief, National Commissions and Fellowships Unit, by the deadline (GMT +01:00) to UNESCO mailing address.
Applications should have imperatively the following attachments in duplicate:
- UNESCO fellowships application forms (Please click here to download the form), all four (4) pages duly completed in English using capital letter (illegible documents will be eliminated from the procedure, hand writing form must include capital letter only);
- Two photographs attached to the applications (4×6 cm);
- Certified copies (in English) of Bachelor’s /Master’s Degree/ PhD obtained;
- UNESCO certificate of language knowledge, duly completed by a relevant authority, if the mother tongue of the candidate is not English.
- Two letters of recommendation from someone related to the candidate’s work, as well as confirming the candidate’s qualifications.
- The endorsed candidates should register themselves to the Fellowship e-registration system available on the following page: unesco.agh.edu.pl/en/
- Information Sheet, Check List
- UNESCO Fellowship Application Form with Certificate of Language Knowledge
- Requirements and List of Invited Member States
- Invited Member States per region and field of study.
Note: All applications should be endorsed by the National Commission from the country of the candidate and all correspondence should be in English.
Files that are incomplete or received after the deadline and candidatures that do not
fulfill the requirements will not be considered. Only the selected candidates will receive a letter through their respective National Commissions for UNESCO.
The deadline to apply has been extended to (GMT +01:00). For more details on the UNESCO Poland Co-Sponsored Engineering Fellowships, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.