Candidates can now apply to the University of Waikato Doctoral Scholarship program. The program has been initiated to encourage excellence in postgraduate research, by providing financial support to talented students enrolling in an eligible doctoral degree program at the university.
Scholarships will be awarded to high-achieving candidates applying for admission to a Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.), Doctor of Musical Arts (DMA), Doctor of Education (EdD), or Doctor of Juridical Science (SJD), at the University of Waikato in New Zealand.
The University of Waikato is a comprehensive university in Hamilton, New Zealand that provides a future-focused, international education and is an active player in global research. With more than eight thousand local students and more than two thousand international students, the university is ranked 375 in the QS world university ranking.
- Host institution: University of Waikato in New Zealand.
- Fields of study: Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Musical Arts (DMA), Doctor of Education (EdD), or Doctor of Juridical Science (SJD), at the University of Waikato.
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: 3 years.
- Target group: Open to all Nationalities (International students, New Zealand citizens and permanent residents).
University of Waikato Doctoral Scholarship Benefits
Selected candidates will have the following benefits:
- A living allowance of $30,000 in total every 12 months, payable in monthly installments for up to 36 months (three years) in total;
- The domestic tuition fees for enrollment in the doctoral qualification during the term of the Scholarship;
- The Student Services Levy.
University of Waikato Doctoral Scholarship Eligibility
Applications are welcomed from candidates who are international students, New Zealand citizens or permanent residents. Furthermore, candidates must satisfy the below criteria:
- be enrolling in a doctoral qualification, i.e. a Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Doctor of Musical Arts (DMA), Doctor of Education (EdD), or Doctor of Juridical Science (SJD), at the University of Waikato.
- be normally seeking to obtain their first doctoral qualification.
- should normally be intending to study full-time at the University of Waikato.
- Candidates employed by the University of Waikato will not be eligible for the Scholarship, except when permission is granted.
- Mohamed Bin Zayed University Scholarship in Artificial Intelligence;
- Chinese Government Scholarship at BIT for International Students;
- Emile-Boutmy Scholarship at Sciences Po for international students.
Why Study in New Zealand
Education in New Zealand offers many advantages for international students. From the world-renowned university system, the culture that nurtures diversity, the natural beauty of the country, and the plethora of pathways and opportunities available to students, it is easy to see why New Zealand is a sought-after destination. Students benefit from a wide range of educational options and can choose from a variety of universities and colleges across the country.
The New Zealand education system is built on the UK model, which allows students to apply their knowledge in a practical setting and gain valuable work experience. The country is also well known for its entrepreneurship, which helps students to develop the skills they need to succeed in today’s competitive global economy.
How to Apply for the University of Waikato Doctoral Scholarship?
To apply for this scholarship to study in Oceania, applicants should click on the apply button below to submit a complete application to the university’s program and get enrolled by the deadline in order to be considered.
It is only possible to apply for this Scholarship as part of the Doctoral application to enroll. Before you submit a formal application to enroll, be sure to read the doctoral application process.
The next applications deadline is January 31, 2024. For more detail on the University of Waikato Doctoral Scholarship, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.