Application for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship 2024-2025 for international students, are being received. The scholarship supports international students that belong to the top 10% of their graduating class who have applied or are applying for an international Master’s program starting in September 2024.
This scholarship to study in Europe is funded by the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship Fund, established by Utrecht University and contributions by Utrecht University alumni.
- Host Institution: Utrecht University in the Netherlands.
- Fields of Study: Earth and sustainability; Economics and governance; Education; Health and life sciences; Language, literature and communication; Law; Mathematics and information sciences; Media, arts, culture and history; Natural sciences; Philosophy and religious studies; Social and behavioral sciences.
- Number of places: not specified.
- Duration: One or two years, depending on the degree program.
- Target group: Open to non-European Union (EU) / European Economic Area (EEA) nationals.
Utrecht Excellence Scholarship Benefits
This university scholarship will provide successful applicants with the following benefits:
- tuition fees or
- tuition fees plus the required income linked to a residence permit for study as set by the Immigration and Naturalisation Service, for one year.
- The grant is not automatically a full scholarship, it may be necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance your studies and stay.
In a 2-years Master’s programme the scholarship can be renewed for the second year.
Utrecht Excellence Scholarship Eligibility
Application for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is open for candidates, who meet the following criteria:
- Belong to the top 10% of your graduating class: an official document issued by your university that proves you are among the top 10% of your graduating class, such as a statement signed and stamped by your University, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
- Not hold an EU/EEA passport and not be eligible for support under the Dutch system of study grants and loans;
- Have completed your secondary school and/or Bachelor’s degree outside the Netherlands;
- Have applied for an international master’s program with a start date of September 2024. Please check Master’s programme > Tuition fees and financial support to see if the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship is mentioned as a scholarship opportunity.
- Be able to comply with the conditions to obtain a Dutch visa/residence permit.
- UK Government Chevening Scholarships for Foreign Students;
- University of Lausanne Master’s Scholarship for Foreign Students;
- ENS International Selection Scholarship for All.
How to Apply for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship
Interested applicants who would like to apply for this Europe scholarship must submit an application for a Master’s program; if you do not do this first, your UES application will simply be deleted. After submitting an application (or applications) for a UES eligible master’s programme before the stated deadline, non-EU/EEA students will have the opportunity to submit an application for one Utrecht Excellence Scholarship from 1 November 2023.
You will see the UES application(s) in your OSIRIS Online Application account dashboard. Click view/edit for the UES linked (related process) to the programme you wish to apply for, upload the requested proof of belonging to the top 10% of your class, answer the questions and submit the application.
Prospective students who wish to be considered for the scholarship must apply before February 1, 2024 (23:59 CET), after which the application portal will be closed. For more detail on the Utrecht Excellence Scholarship for International Students, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.