In recognition of the critical need for scientists and engineers in the Arab world and with the generous support and visionary leadership of alumnus Yousef Jameel ’68, AUC established the Yousef Jameel Fellowships in Sciences and Engineering. The program is designed to prepare future scientists and industrial leaders who are Egyptian nationals and who have strong knowledge and skills in science and engineering.
The program is intended to enable qualified Egyptian science and engineering graduates to attend AUC on a full tuition-free scholarship basis. The long-term objective of the program is to develop the manpower for research and development in the region by providing the skillsets for future scientists who are easily recruited in prominent positions in Egypt and the region.
- Host Institution: The American University in Cairo (AUC), Egypt
- Field of study: Applied Sciences and Engineering programmes
- Number of awards: Not specified.
- Duration: Three (3) academic years, with a review every semester for satisfactory academic performance.
- Target group: Open to all nationalities.
Also Check : French Government MOPGA Scholarship for Foreigners
Yousef Jameel Fellowships Benefits
The Yousef Jameel Fellowships in Sciences and Engineering provide successful candidates with the following benefits.
- Tuition fees for a maximum of nine credits per semester
- Student services and activities fees
- A monthly stipend
Yousef Jameel Fellowships Eligibility
To apply for this university scholarship, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Open to all nationalities
- Master of science degree with a thesis track in an engineering or science discipline from an accredited university
- For new graduate degree-seeking students; satisfy AUC graduate admissions requirements
- Submission of a satisfactory GRE score, as per the Ph.D. program requirements
- Bachelor’s degree with a minimum overall grade point average (GPA) of 3.2 on a 4.0 scale, or equivalent
- Submission of a preliminary proposed dissertation topic and a research outline, specifying how the topic is related to one or more of the research priority areas
- Relevant scientific research background and experience
- Financial need
Responsibilities of Fellows
The program mandates a full-time research position at the AUC Ph.D. program with no outside professional or job commitments. In support of their professional training, fellows are assigned 30 hours per week of assigned research and teaching work in the department which includes nine hours of teaching assistants.
By accepting this externally funded fellowship, the fellowship recipient agrees to respond to any reporting requests received from AUC by the deadlines communicated to the awarded fellow. This may include a request for photos or academic progress information to be used for reporting purposes, or attendance of fellowship events including any meetings or events with donors as requested by the relevant university entities.
- Skoltech Scholarship in Russia For Local and International Students;
- Australia Awards Scholarships for Development.
- Turkish Government Research Scholarship.
How to Apply for the Yousef Jameel Fellowships
Interested applicants who would like to be considered for this Africa scholarship are required to follow steps below:
- Step 1: Check how to apply and submit the online application
- Step 2: Complete and submit the online fellowship application.
For inquiries, please send an email to [email protected].
The deadline is October 26, 2023 for the spring semester. For more detail on the Yousef Jameel Fellowships in Sciences and Engineering, please visit the official page. To be the first to see latest opportunities, please follow us on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and Instagram.